Vintage flowers

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Where is this "spring" you speak of?

I do this every year. I get all excited that spring is coming and then....then I remember that I live in the Rockies. In Canada. The cold Canadian Rockies.


Winter wasn't so terrible this year (only one REALLY cold day to speak of) but that doesn't mean I wasn't looking forward to warm weather! I was in Calgary at the Comic Expo on Sunday:  17C, sunny, and we were a little worried about sunburns when we were in the outdoor lineups. And then Monday happened. And today followed suit. Blizzards out my window, -10C in the morning, car scraping, breath fogging. BAH. Oh yes, and I spent 3 days trying to figure out how to get the furnace working again.

Tomorrow is Beltaine, and folks, I am really not feeling it. I just can't figure how anyone would be frolicking nekkid in the fields or prancing around a Maypole in this weather.

If anyone's looking for me, I'll be hiding out with my laptop re-living my brief encounter with the handsomest man on television.


1 comment:

  1. Hilarious, LOL! Have a good Beltane, no matter what the weather is like!

    ReplyDelete