Vintage flowers

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Hello!

Photo from North Shore Dragon Boat Festival
Just popping in quickly to let you know that I'm still here! I haven't given up on this blog yet, I promise :)

This past month has been non-stop busy with working both of my jobs (50 hours a week is FUN! :P), preparing for my best friend's wedding, creating and presenting my first Toxin-Free Body Care session for the the local community, and training for race weekend.

Yes, race weekend! I am part of the inaugural crew of our valley's first all-women's dragonboat team. We've been training since May on dry land and in large voyageur canoes all prepping for this weekend's Dragon Boat Festival! We're a casual social team with a competitive streak, and we're going up against some very experienced crews from out of province and out of country in our division. Needless to say, we've got a long way to go to have half a chance of keeping up with our competition, so we've been training hard. And it doesn't hurt that the very attractive professional coach and event orgainzer has come down from Edmonton to train us either :)

I'll be back after this weekend with some posts, 'til then, Paddles Up!

Not my team :P Photo from ottawacitizen.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Summer - hope you had a great weekend and the race went well!

    Just wanted to let you know your name was drawn for the SJ Tucker CD on my blog giveaway. I know you'll love it - she's got a wonderful voice!

    Pop me an email to rueandhyssop AT gmail DOT com and let me know what mailing address to send it to and I'll get it out to you right away. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rue! I've emailed you my address, can't wait to hear it! I was listening to some of the music she had on her webpage last week, and I was seriously considering buying that cd. Thanks for introducing her to your readers!

    ReplyDelete